How did my student deal with this prestigious person? Very well, actually. The information was wonderful, the grammar less so.
Topics we touched on:
- When reporting on a person, use their last name not their first name. You are not that familiar with them.
- Wall of Text: separate ideas into paragraphs, because no one wants to see a full page of words with no breaks.
- apart vs a part: separate or inclusive?
- A list of two items does not get a comma.
- ‘s: is the word plural or possessive?
- The Nightingales did something,
- Nightingale’s determination helped her succeed.